Wednesday 9 November 2011

Progress Report


Wednesday 9th November - Camden Market/Station

- Today we went up to Camden Market in London, we filmed a selection of footage throughout the markets, in the shops and by the train station. I was dressed in the Alice in Wonderland costume, and when I was walking round got a great deal of weird looks and comments, which was good as we kept the camera rolling for most the time we was in Camden, so we could get naturalistic shots of everyone's reaction. We decided it would be good if i looked at everyone like they were weird when they was watching me as it gave the effect of my insanity. We also placed the camera still in front of me, and then filmed at the train station of me just standing there staring still, whilst everyone that got of the train walked past me, again staring, whilst I just stand and stare right into the camera.


-We filmed a shot of me standing in the middle of the station, just stood completely still. It was really good as we got people's natural reactions to me just simply standing dressed in an Alice in Wonderland costume. We thought it was a really nice idea as people's expressions as they passed me varried, and worked very well. We had an idea that we could speed everybody up. and still have me just completely still staring at the camera. It showed a sense of Alice's insanity, and how the world outside looked from her point of view. Again this shot related well back to our idea of sense of mystery (Wonderland) as the audience got very involved and connected, wondering what would happen after. When increasing the speed of the shot, we felt that it showed her manic lifestyle and also fitted well as the beat in the song increased.

No comments:

Post a Comment